I can’t believe it’s 2013. Time is seriously going by at warp speed right now, and I honestly wish that it would slow down a bit. In each isolated moment of the day I am happy and excited about what’s happening around me, but as I look back it all seems kind of like a blur. I guess that’s part of growing up though.
Well with a week of the new semester under my belt, I can definitely say a couple of things with a strong certainty:
1: I am going to LOVE the MA in Teaching English as a Second Language graduate program. It’s going to be a lot of work and the classes are going to take a bit of getting used to, but the excitement of it all should hopefully motivate and push me through the tough parts.
2. The GA position with Graduate Studies is awesome. I won’t lie, I was a little nervous at first accepting the position because I wasn’t sure what I was getting myself into, but I couldn’t have landed myself in a better department to work in. Everyone in the office is so helpful and patient and fun to work with and be around that it makes work something I’m starting to look forward to each day. :)
3. I’m going to learn a lot about pit-bulls. I found this beautiful girl at the grocery store last week and intended to take her into the shelter the next day, but after hanging out with her for just a couple of hours, Drew and I both fell in love with her and decided to keep her. Her name is Benelli, or Nelli for short and she is SUCH a character. She has the most readable facial expressions I’ve ever seen in any dog and it has made each day SO much better from all of the laughter she provides.
4. It’s going to be a great semester. Really, it’s going to be a great year. There are so many new things to learn, and to look work towards.
A few things:
- Shrimpfest next weekend!
- The Gladiator Mud Run on March 9th!
- My birthday on St. Patrick’s Day! 23 isn’t anything exciting, but it’s still a birthday and it’s on St. Patrick’s day, so that ALWAYS makes it awesome! :)
- The Mustache/ 80′s Party in April. Such a great time last year, and I know it will be even more awesome this year! :)
- The Hospital Hill Half Marathon in Kansas City on June 1st! I am SO excited to begin training for this next week and even more excited to have my friend Hunt to run it with me!
Well, there a quick screen shot into the beginning of what is sure to be an amazing year! It’s a pretty lazy Saturday night around here. I decided to take a little down time and cuddle up with Nelli and some Netflix and it’s turning out to be quite a relaxing night. :) Tomorrow is the employee Christmas party, so it’s
probably definitely a good idea to rest up and save energy for that because it’s sure to be a LONG night. :)
Here’s a thought:
It’s good to be back. :)